Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Keeping everybody happy

Feb 12 2010
I volunteered to decorate the school's lobby and set up for the annual school fair, only to find out the next weekend at church that there was going to be a ward 50's-60's party on the same night!! What to do?? I was so excited for the party, but couldn't get out of my responsibilies at the school. I decided to do both, so I put up my decorations and we let the kids play games and eat pizza at the school for a couple hours, then we were off to the party.
I am so happy with how the decorations turned out I have to show you all so you can all tell me how great it looks :D You see I am creatively challenged, so I was so happy to have this turn out so cute.

No, I did not free hand those cute little critters. Totally copied them on the overhead projector. My instructional technology teacher at BYU would be proud I put my skills to such great use. LOL! Who says I don't use my college education?? Here we are at the church party We did a little performance as Johnny Cash and June Carter.

June could use a little more practice (I'll chalk it up to stage fright) but Johnny did GREAT!



The party even had a soda fountain with anything you could ever want. It was AMAZING! Marilyn Larsen and the activities commitee did a great job! Couldn't resist a little smooch at the soda fountain So fun! and we managed to do it all! The kids were happy to go to their fair and I was happy to get to go to the party!

5 comments:

Grandma Whiting said...

So much to comment on--from your outstanding school decorations to your really fun and impressive impersonation of Johnny and June. Wish we would have known about this; you could have given us a performance while you were here. Must have been a very entertaining evening. Who came up with the idea of impersonating these two?

Shawna said...

I think you did a great job at the school. It's easy to make things like that look cheesy but you did just enough to make it look really cute. I loved the song too. Great job!

Tobie said...

Tracey you're decorations look GREAT and what a fun party! I love it! You guys did a super job on your song!!! Great singing!

brittany said...

very impressive indeed! you can be in charge of my school decorations any time!!

also, love the wig. where did you find that?

Christie said...

Great decor... I had to LOL at the comment about using that degree... I would have done it the same way. Too funny. How much did it cost dad to teach us both how to do that? :-)