Saturday, March 29, 2008

Zoo's Gone Wild

Spring Break- Day 4

Welcome to the Oregon Zoo!

It was a bit chilly especially in the morning when we arrived at 10:30, but through out the day it warmed up a bit more. Would you believe that after looking at our first exhibit my family ditched me?? I had NO idea where they had gone. I looked around for them for awhile, and after about 30 min. I gave up, found a pay phone and called Brad's cell and told them to meet me at the Elephant encounter, where we were again reunited.
The animals were really active, so it made it a lot of fun! It was nice to go to Portland and see all the flowering trees and green grass, since we are another month away from that here.
The polar bears were really busy. I remember as a kid, loving going to the Polar Bear exhibit. They were great fun to watch. One was busy swimming and the other was busy playing with a barrel.
They also had a place where you could feed the Lorakeets. Everyone (except me- no birds for me thank you very much) got to feed the birds.

And this is me at the end of the day!

4 comments:

Christie said...

I love the picture at the end. And can't believe that you even went into the feeding place to take a picture!!!!!! You must have been a basket case.

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, I would have been SO mad if Jeromy had ditched me like that. I hate getting separated from him in stores, etc. Why can't we just all stick together?! And if the kids were with him, I would be petrified that he would lose them or think one of them was with me or something. Yep, I'd be boiling mad and panicky.

But other than that, it looks like a fun zoo!! I don't do birds, either!

brittany said...

LOVE the polar bear picture! great shot.

SJacobus said...

Love the bear shots, especially the one of you;) Did the fam. ever say why they ditched you? Mine do it to run from the camera.