Monday, March 24, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Cadbury Egg

Did you notice this year how much smaller the Cadbury egg was? Like we wouldn't notice??
Actor B.J. Novak called Cadbury out on it on Conan O'Brian. Cadbury's (made by Hershey in the U.S.) initial reply to "why has the size of the egg changed?" was: "It hasn't- you've just grown up." Yeah right!!
I guess they have since changed their respose to the following: there is a "broad variety of sizes and flavours of products”. Like that's supposed to make it all better!
If you are lucky enough to live in Canada or the UK you can still buy a full size Cadbury Creme Egg as they are NOT made by Hershey. Enjoy while we await the return of the full sized Creme Egg, or start stock piling, yours may be next in Mr. Wonka's shrinking machine!
I thought this site documented "the scandal" well.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

1 Cadbury egg was the only thing I got form the Easter bunny and I thought it was smaller but didn't think much of it. I thought it was just me. I feel robbed. It was my only treat and it was shrunk! What the heck?

Becky said...

I thought I remembered them being bigger! How deceitful.

AceMott6 said...

It's the whole obesity crisis! Well...maybe! :)

Becky said...

Ooh, I just noticed that your Trader Joe's opens in just a couple days! I'm very happy that your long wait is over.

Christie said...

LOL!!! I totally noticed, those skunks!!!! I don't know who they think they're fooling!