Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter

Spring Vacation- Day 2

Easter really crept up on me this year. The kids were cute, as usual. It is so fun to have children for the holidays. They make it so fun! About 2 weeks ago Ethan came to me with a letter he had written to the Easter bunny requesting the Easter bunny to leave a computer game in his basket. He wanted me to send it, but I told him you couldn't ask the Easter bunny to bring you something, like Santa Claus, and so there was no address to mail his letter to. Which got me to wondering... why does Santa take requests and the Easter bunny gets to bring you whatever he wants?? You get what you get from the Easter bunny!
Ethan decided instead to leave a note by his Easter basket indicating which basket was his. He was very excited in the morning to see that the Easter bunny had left him a message on his note

The Easter bunny left some chocolate eggs hiding around our first floor, so Ethan and Abby had a great time finding those.
Ethan climbing on the furniture in search of Easter eggs.
After church we had a sister in our ward over for dinner, and by the time that was done it was night time and just about time for bed.
I feel so guilty about not having an Easter egg hunt (the plastic "stuff 'em" kind) I may still have to do that for the kids, just for fun. I'm sure they would still enjoy it. I just didn't get around to it Sunday with the dinner preprations and all.
I made these super yummy/easy rolls for dinner! They are so good!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Looks like fun... yeah, my kids wanted to make requests this year too. Why does that bunny get off so easy?

Shawna said...

Come on over...we're still having at least 2 hunts a day! There's no candy in them anymore but I'd make a special trip to the store just for you guys!

SJacobus said...

I like that! Santa takes requests,but not the Easter Bunny:) That's because the Easter Bunny had to help out since one of Santa's elves was sick and he's too tired to care so "you get what you get!" :)