Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ignite Bend

On Feb 12 Brad and I went to an event called "Ignite Bend" I am sure that if you look into your local area you will find an "Ignite" chapter/meeting going on somewhere near you.

I was intrigued by the format and thought it might me somewhat mentally stimulating and entertaining, and I was right. The room was filled with mostly yoga, java loving granolas, but it was great to be amongst a different group of people doing something different.

The premise of an Ignite gathering is:

"If you had five minutes to talk, what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Launch a web site? Teach a hack? Talk about recent learnings, successes, failures?"

Some of the presentations were good, some were lame, but the best part of it is... if you don't like it, don't worry, it'll be over in 5 minutes and you go on to someone else.

If you go to the Ignite O'Reilly website there is a lot of info on what this event is, what it's about and has a calendar of Ignite shows near you- find your inner geek and go!!

Brad and I are trying to think of something to present... do you have any ideas?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I don't know...maybe you and Brad could perform an original rap, or something! Sounds interesting. There's no way I could EVER get Jeromy to go to something like that! (Unless you and Brad were rapping....)