Friday, February 20, 2009

Skating Finale

The kids finished up their skating lessons this week. They can all make it around the rink safely now and feel a degree of confidence in their abilities (some more than others)
On Abby's last skate lesson, Frosty and Mrs. Snowberry came to visit and talk to the kiddos.

Abby got her ribbon for completing "Tikes 2" Way to go Abby!!




Elise worked very hard during practice to be able to do her crossovers to pass level 2
a
Samantha and Ethan were a bit less willing to not have both feet firmly on the ground and got "Participation" ribbons.
Ice skating can't be everyone's "thing", right??



Nice job Kiddos!

6 comments:

Becky said...

It always scares me to pick up my feet like that, too!

brittany said...

i miss bend!

Christie said...

Good job guys.. I have to say! Does it help Abby to concentrate if she chews on her coat? :-) And you let Ethans hair grow back out eh?

Sarah said...

I am so sad that my children don't know how to skate! They go maybe once a year when we're in Calgary and it totally freaks them out. That was such a huge part of my childhood... well, whole winter life in Calgary. Lucky your kids that get to skate! :)

Bill Cook said...

Wow, they all are really improved since I last saw them skate in early January. Very good work all of you!

Anonymous said...

They all did great!! Wow, Elise, a cross over!! I guess there weren't any NHL scouts there. :)