Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bryans take on Bachelor

On Feb 6 Brad's brother Benji and his wife Shawna flew into town to go skiing for the weekend. So Saturday morning just Brad and I headed up to Bachelor with Benji and Shawna. It was nice to leave the kids behind and not have to worry if they were cold or hurt, or waiting for them to get down the hill. We spent awhile together going down one of the little hills and just before lunch Benji and I left Brad and Shawna to go explore some other runs the novices could go down.
It was a beautiful day: little wind, blue skies, warm temps and not bad snow. They couldn't have picked a better weekend!!

Brothers
Brad in his crash helmet :-)
After lunch Benji and I scouted out a few more runs and then took Brad and Shawna up one of the bigger chairs, and they made it down... eventually. I think their confidence is better now, and next time they'll conquer that run like it was nothing :D
It wasn't really until the end of the day when I finally kinda got my groove back. I figured a really hadn't been skiing "for myself" since I've been married because I was helping Brad learn how to ski, or my kids. It was exhilarating to be out there again and can't wait to go back!

11 comments:

SJacobus said...

That was nice to be able to get out there in a just for you kinda way. I love moments like that:)

Christie said...

Looks like such a good time. I don't know if I could snowboard again.. I feel like I am too old. ;-( BOO

Sarah said...

Yay for a fun day with adults only! I am starting to appreciate those more and more :) It is absolutely gorgeous up there! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time.

Ben said...

Thanks for showing us a great time! We had a blast--I still daydream about some of those runs!

Ben said...

How 'bout we come again in 1 or 2 weeks? :)

I'm serious. $29 flights ending soon!

brittany said...

i love that first picture of you and brad! we miss you guys.

nomadicvictors said...

Excellent shreddage photos! If only we were there to catch an edge with you guys and experience Mt Bachelor ice burn.

Unknown said...

You guys picked a beautiful day to go up. I bet you had a great view of the Cascades up there. I didn't know you skied Tracy?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like YOU had a good time. Did Brad 'find his groove'?

Amanda said...

ahhhh! to actually do some kid free skiing would be wonderful - looks like you guys had a great time.

tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.