Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wrap it up (Aug 9-11)

OK, I've got to wrap this little vacation journal up. I've got other things to blog about and this is all old news now, but I did want to document our trip. So, to wrap it up...

HAPPY 60TH!
My dad turned 60 in July flying to Aberdeen, so we celebrated a little bit late (Aug 9).
The kids spent the day playing in the backyard and we had a bbq.These balloons were a big hit

On Saturday we had a little celebration for my niece Liza's 10th birthday.
The kids had a blast making little houses from these boxes
Who needs toys when you have a box?


Time to say goodbye to Grandma
and Grandpa too
Monday morning we made a quick trip to the Saskatoon Farm for some goodies for Brad and head out back on the road(Aug 11).

I saw this cool cowboy cut out on our way south of town on the jct of the 540 and the 22. I am sure there is a cool picture to be had here, but I just jumped out of the car and took a quick picture before I turned onto the highway. I think it turned out not too bad.

We got back to Bend around 11:30pm with only one stop by the police. Heck, I was only going 8 miles over the limit. Whatever!!

It was good to get back home and slow down a little. I feel like we've been on the run since our trip to Disney Memorial Day weekend. It's been good though. It was nice to be able to go back to Alberta and see family, as it had been 2 years since we had been back.

Now it's time to get ready for school, although I don't know when we're supposed to do that. We are trying to cram all the things we didn't get to do yet this summer into the last few days we have left.

P.S. I guess I should clarify judging by a few comments I got. I didn't get a ticket- just a "warning" and a scolding for not having my Oregon license yet (oops), and I got held up for 10 minutes!!

5 comments:

Christie said...

cool picture of the mountains. I can't believe you got a ticket for going 8 miles over the limit!!! EVERYONE goes 10 over, don't they take that into consideration when they set the limits? I always thought they did. I though they said things like... Humm, 65 would be safe here, so we'll set the limit at 55, then everything will be fine. Oh well, I guess that cop didn't know that is how "they" do it. :-)

Shawna said...

There's nothing like finishing off a vacation with a ticket. What a bummer.
The kids looked like they had so much fun.
The picture turned out great of the cowboy and the mountains. I think you did a great job!
What are you going to do all day now that Abby is in school? Is it all day kindergarten?

Brad said...

Hmm, you never told me about getting stopped by the police. What else happened during your trip that you aren't telling me about???

Sarah said...

Cute pictures of your family! And I love that cowboy cutout on the side of the road, that's kind of random, but that picture is so pretty and so Alberta :) Lucky you got out of your ticket! :)

Tricia said...

I love the idea of flowers all over the boxes, Hard to believe that our parents are getting in their sixties, I don't have a childhood memory with your family apart of it. It was great to see all the pictures. Your friend Kevin takes great pictures!!!