Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Abby!!

Abby arrived 6 weeks early 5 years ago today. We had gone in to Boston to get my blood pressure checked since I had been in the hospital earlier in the week with high blood pressure and they wanted to follow up. The master plan was to go in have it checked and enjoy a picnic at Jamaica Pond. However, things had turned from bad to worse as they decided to induce me that day (Sunday). Brad frantically drove back to Foxboro and dropped the kids off (with friends) at church in their picnic clothes and then returned to Boston later that afternoon. I kept asking the nurses to delay the induction since things had progressed quickly when I had been induced with Elise and I wanted Brad to be back in time for the delivery. As it turned out Abby took her time arriving and wasn't born until around 11:30pm that evening. I told the nurse that I just wanted her to be 5lbs, but she didn't quite make it at 4lb3oz and spent the next 3 weeks in the hospital.
Here she is at 2 days when she still had to be intubated

Here she is at 6 days. We were so happy when they took the tube out and we could hear her cry.


3 months 1 year
2 years
3 years

4 years old- first day of preschool Here she is at 5. Still tiny, but she has finally broken the 30 lb mark. Whoo Hoo!
Now she is off to Kindergarten on Sept 2nd and it super excited. I know she's going to do great!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Awww, happy birthday tiny! I look at her and can't believe that she is off to Kindergarten!! WOW, how time flies eh?

Shawna said...

I sure love that little girl. She is so sweet! I still remember the day she was born. Happy birthday Abby! I loved the pictures!

Anonymous said...

She is Little Miss Sunshine. Her eyes are so full of energy with a little hint of mischief. I miss seeing her grow up.

Josh and Nat said...

She is so stinkin cute!