Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My biggest fear

is driving down the road and seeing this sign...

my heart starts to race, I grip the steering wheel white knuckled and start darting glances from ditch to ditch, not really even paying attention to what is on the road and then I see itAhhhh!
Why do these animals insist on eating at night on the side of the road? There are acres and acres of grass to feed on... Why must they graze by the highway??
On my way up to Calgary I drove through Crowsnest Pass (in the rocky mountains) between the hours of 9 and midnight. I probably saw a half dozen of them, and on my way back driving through Oregon I saw a couple between the hours of 9 and midnight again. I survived though and never hit one... thanks to my keen eyes :D It was very stressful though which kept me awake through those last few hours.
What's your biggest fear?

3 comments:

Shawna said...

How funny. I've passed some deer at night on the side of the road but it hasn't ever scared me before. Maybe it's because I don't know how much damage they could really do if I was to hit one.
I do consider myself a "scaredy cat" though. My biggest fear is losing a loved one. Although, heights, spiders, driving in snow or ice and swimming in the ocean are also at the top of my list.
Yes, I know I'm a pansey.

Anonymous said...

I was actually in a car that hit a deer. It was sad, because the deer died. The damage to the front end of the car was extensive. It cost close to a thousand dollars to get it fixed, and back in those days that was a lot of money.

brittany said...

that is one freaky looking deer. I am very glad it wasn't in your backyard or on our street...