Tuesday, June 03, 2008

p.s. on our trip to Santa Monica

I forgot, until I saw Abby's scab on her back tonight... but we did have other "excitement" on our trip to the pier. As we were trying to get to the beach we had to go across the bike path. The bike path was crazy busy. We thought there was a walking side and a biking side. When we realized the bikes were going both ways we told the kids to hurry, but Abby was a bit behind. A man was approaching ringing his bell and Abby stopped to try and avoid him and as he tried to avoid her they collided. Poor Abby got ran over by the bike as the man toppled off his bike. He was very nice though and was very concerned for Abby. We were glad she at least got ran over by the man with the "Jesus Saves" plaque on his bike, not by the jerk who yelled at us to get off the path while we were trying to make sure everyone was OK.

8 comments:

tracey said...

Actually the guy who yelled at us had some kind of European accent :D

Anonymous said...

I'm relieved that nothing serious happened to Abby. It could have been worse--not to minimize the trauma and pain she must have experienced

Shawna said...

Poor Abby! When those little sidewalks get bikes and skateboards on them it can be scary with how fast people come down them. We've had our own fare share of almost accidents even when it hasn't been busy! Abby is such a trooper. She always bounces back quickly. She's so easy going!

Brad said...

Hmm, the accent sounded Canadian to me....

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

I plowed over a group of schoolchildren today on my rollerblades. Didn't feel a twinge of guilt but I am American.

Josh and Nat said...

You guys do so much fun stuff! I am still so jealous you live in Oregon! I would love for us to get together when you come here! When are you coming? For what?

Josh and Nat said...

By the way, I hadn't read what happened to Abby yet when I posted my last comment! I was just talking about Disneyland! How traumatic...I agree with Brad, he must have been Canadian! :)