Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kids Camping

Since we're going camping in a few weeks I thought I had better pull out the tent and make sure it wasn't all moldy since it had been through it's share of floods in the basement over the last few years.
Surprisingly the tent was just fine.. I couldn't believe it! It has proven to be a great hang out for the kids the last few days. Monday night the kids decided they wanted to sleep in the tent. We set them up with the portable DVD player, TV and gamecube and they had a great time.
I fully expected the kids to be running back in the house by 1am, as the temperature was dropping down to 40 degrees, but they lasted all night!!

They were decked out pretty well though in their winter hats, gloves, and extra blankets!
These kids are hard core campers!!

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Looks like fun to me! Hopefully it warms up a little by the time you go camping for real. Is it normal for it to be that cold at night in Bend this time of year?

Sarah said...

Your kids must have gotten some Canadian genes ;) I always bundle my kids up at night when we go camping and they always end up roasting because I forget it doesn't get cold at night in California like it does in Canada. That is a habit I have not been able to break! :) That definitely looks like so much fun!

Christie said...

LOL, I can't believe that even Abby lasted! How fun! I've never camped with a DVD and game cube though, that is pretty dang cool!

Anonymous said...

Now that is the way to camp--other than the cold. I love your attitude of letting them be independent, Tracey. I was always a little overly protective when my boys were younger. You have some pretty tough kids. I wish we would have had the technology when we camped, though. Camping was always fun, but then there were times of being bored with nothing to do. It's a cute picture.

Anonymous said...

Now that is the way to camp--other than the cold. I love your attitude of letting them be independent, Tracey. I was always a little overly protective when my boys were younger. You have some pretty tough kids. I wish we would have had the technology when we camped, though. Camping was always fun, but then there were times of being bored with nothing to do. It's a cute picture.

The Bryan's said...

Your kids will have to take me camping some day. I have never camped before! It seems like a lot of fun. I wish I could feel a little of this Bend weather here.

SJacobus said...

So fun! I've actually been thinking about doing this with the kids since we're not camping as much this summer. Just too many other things going on. You may have just inspired me to get it done already:)