Thursday, June 12, 2008

Balloons over Bend

We live right next to the kids' elementary school which is the designated take-off point for the annual "Balloons over Bend" event. So, we reluctantly woke up all the kids Sunday morning at 6am, gave them each a poptart, and put on their WINTER jackets to go watch the balloons take off. It was a very chilly 36 degrees!!
I have to say it was VERY cool though. We got to see 7 balloons take off, and they let you get real close and everything. Very neat!! (I understand they had a bunch more balloons on Saturday, so we'll have to catch that next year) Here are some pics and video we took.








5 comments:

brittany said...

I love that Sam and Elise look like little eskimos and abby is ready for spring.

Shawna said...

I would have loved to see that. A hot air balloon ride is my life list...things to do before I die. That would have been really neat to watch.
I can't believe it's still so chilly. I bet you're ready for some warm, sunny days. We're getting more than enough here. I'll try to send some of this heat your way...I'm done with it and don't want anymore.

Christie said...

Cool, maybe next year you'll win a ride in a ballon from the radio station :-) I wouldn't be surprised! :-)

Bend Marley's said...

You guys do so many fun things, you always keep everyone on the go. Good for you!

SJacobus said...

So fun! I always enjoy the morning part too. Glad you got some video so I didn't totally miss out this year:) Thanks!