Monday, June 09, 2008

Back to Disney- Thursday- Day7

We decided that Thursday would be our "early day", get to the park early and leave early. Despite our best efforts we couldn't drag ourselves out of bed early enough for the "Magic Morning" at 8, but arrived at the park instead at 8:45 and ended up standing in line with the throngs waiting for the park to open.
We decided to head straight over to Nemo so we didn't have to wait in such a long line. Seems like everyone in front of us had the same idea. We still ended up waiting in line for an hour, but that was OK, because we were fresh and the day hadn't warmed up yet. Was it worth it.. sure, but not if it was any longer or in the heat.
Since we spent most of Wednesday in "Tomorrow Land" we spent Thursday checking out the rest of the park.

We think this is Shawna's brother Rex in the Pluto outfit
(Shawna, did you ask Rex if he saw us?)

Sword in the stone Why you need to have 4 children... so when you are too old and get sick on the spinning rides your kids can go on their own and you get to just watch :D
We went for the "Dole Whip" break that day after our visit to the Tiki Room. Again, this was a treat I vividly remember LOVING when I went in '85 and it was still just as yummy!
I couldn't help but hear Grandma Reeder sing "In the Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room"
Must get a shot at the front entrance
I'm a pretty good shot, don't you think?

We left around 7pm, just as all the "Grad night" buses were arriving. Boy, was I glad we had decided to end the day early!
We went back to the Marriott (thanks to Brenda's super saver Friends and Family rate :D) to have a BBQ and chill out on the patio.
Phew another 12 hour day!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Yay, more Disneyland updates! How fun. I'm so jealous of the churros. They always look and smell SO good, but we're always too cheap to buy them! So every time I go to Costco, I buy a churro for a dollar. Wow, and you guys got the Dole things, too?! Let me guess--you also got Mickey-shaped ice cream bars!

tracey said...

No Mickey bars for us! We packed in lunch every day and only bought the one snack for the day, for 3 of the days anyway. Friday we got there late and had early supper, so no snack that day, or Saturday either as we had a short day. Although I was very tempted to get a churro "to go" on Saturday :D Mmmm churro!!

Christie said...

Oh, I love seeing all the pictures. I really enjoyed our trip there. I love the one of you spitting, you really are a great shot. :-) You know, when we went, we missed the Tiki room. Figure that... my memory of it, from when we went as kids was absolute boredom!! LOL were we on the same trip?

Shawna said...

Looks like you had fun, but what I want to know is...was the entertainment as good as "fearless Flores...2 Dolla"?
I loved all the pictures. Abby is hilarious with her unibrow comment. Who would have thought a 4 year old even knew what one was.
I'm glad you guys had fun
Oh, I did ask Rex and he said wasn't him...darn it!

Ben said...

LOL at Abby's unibrow comment. I don't know many 4-year olds that know what a unibrow is!

SJacobus said...

Love the water fountain shot;) All very fun!