Monday, February 25, 2008

Skating Wrap Up

The kids finished up their skating lessons last week. We were initally concerned about the teaching, but settled for Cindy as a teacher. She had a couple of helpful credentials: two-time Olympic team member, four-time national pairs champion, three-time world bronze medalist and an inductee to the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame. I was hoping for a GOLD medalist but decided Cindy would do.

It is amazing how much they have improved since they started. Samantha could barely make it around the rink holding on to the rail when she first went skating this year, now she is doing a great job making her way around the rink and is pretty speedy at that! Elise and Ethan also passed Level One and have started skating backwards and have really improved, even trying a little arabesque. Abby was a trooper and went from skating on Bobby skates (2 blades) earlier this year, to making her way around the rink on regular skates, spinning around and everything! They all did a great job!

Samantha convinced me at the rink that I had already taken video of the big kids skating, but I didn't. I just have this one of Abby. I'll have to catch the big kids another day I guess.

5 comments:

Christie said...

Cute, sounds like they are all doing so well. I need to get my kids into lessons.... any kind of lessons really. :-)

brittany said...

What a great little skater girl Abby is! I love it. The pic of the older kids is really cute.

Shawna said...

That's great they're all at the age where they can take lessons for the same things. On different levels of course. Great pics of everyone! So we should see your kids training for the winter Olympics in what year again?

SJacobus said...

I love skating:) Way fun!

Anonymous said...

Your family is having so much fun with all of the sports available in Oregon. I would love to be there to see them participate.