Friday, February 29, 2008

Flashback Friday- Children's Shows

So I was watching Yo Gabba Gabba with Abby this morning and thought this little snipet was cute. I am actually not a big "Gabba" fan, but this sure beats Barney's "Clean up, clean up everybody everywhere" ( I NEVER liked that song!)



It made me think about what I used to watch in the mornings when I was her age. Now I know this is lost on most of you since you aren't Canadian, but this is what I waited and watched every morning. At 10:15 I got to ask my mom for a cookie, her reply would be "yes you can have one" or "yes, you can have a couple." I LOVED when she said a couple... TWO cookies!!

At 10:15 was "Friendly Giant" followed by "Mr. Dressup" at 10:30. Mr. Dressup and Mr. Rogers were comtemporaries. I understand they were friendly and collaborated for ideas on their respective programs.

What did you watch on morning TV as a kid?



I love it when Jerome says "How do you like that, eh?"


Ahh the days of Casey and Finnegan

9 comments:

brittany said...

lovin' the old shows. oh the good old days of Mr. Rogers.

Christie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christie said...

I loved Mr. Dress Up. I remember you didn't like Mr Rogers much. We used to argue about what we were going to watch. There was one show that I can't remember the name of, but it was really colorful and Kind of outer spacey... I can't remember what it was called, I think it started with a z tough.
It is funny to look back at how simple those shows were.

Tracy said...

Hello, I found your blog from Christie and just had to comment since you mentioned Yo Gabba Gabba. My kids love it! It's amazing what catches their attention, and this show does. I watched all the Looney Toons cartoons growing up.

Ben said...

You don't like Gabba? It's one of the few shows that I can watch with my kids...groovy music and don't forget DJ Lance Rock, the whitest black man in America--he's got some sweet dance moves. Did you know that the Aquabats were co-creators of that show?

Ben said...

By the way, YGG is a favorite of The Soup (formerly Talk Soup)...check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZsCfwUyMgY

Becky said...

I remember watching the Electric Company. "Hey you guuuuys!!!" I also remember a show called Pinwheel. I think it was on Nickelodeon. And of course the Smurfs and Tom and Jerry (which is SO violent, I would never let my own kids watch it!).

tracey said...

Ahhh yes, I forgot about the Smurfs! Loved those little blue guys, and of course Smurfette!

SJacobus said...

Well I've said online that I hardly get the remote because I live with 3 guys, sadly this is not new for I also grew up living with almost all guys. So I watched what they did if I watched at all and so I'm not very fond of the TV. Maybe that's why I prefer reading.