Saturday, September 05, 2009

Entrepreneurs

Isn't trying to sell something to your neighbours a right of passage for childhood?
Who as a kid didn't try to make a buck some how?
One Saturday the kids went in the back alley and gathered a bunch of pumice which they call "chalk rocks" since they will mark the pavement and set up shop.

Ethan and Abby even solicited the neighbour kids to help them
I think they ended up profiting about $2.
What did you sell to your neighbours as a child?
For me it was Kool Aid and rocks.

2 comments:

Grandma Whiting said...

Now that is what I call ingenuity and "entrepreneurialship" at its very best. They should have made $20.00 instead of $2.00. People just didn't appreciate their hard work and the bargain price. I loved the part that Ethan was going door to door to drum up business.

Sarah said...

Haha, I think you're right, it is a right of passage or something :) We totally sold kool-aid and then Jolanda was a genius entrepreneur and opened a candy store right across the street from Sundance Elementary. Genius. I love the pictures of your kids selling rocks! Future businessmen for sure :)