Monday, September 01, 2008

Paulina Plunge

On Saturday our friends the Lewandowski's took the younger 3 kids, me and the Green family on a 4 mile trip aptly named "Paulina Plunge"
I'm afraid I didn't get a picture of the first waterfall we went by.
I'm also afraid to say that I was not a very good mom and let Abby leave the house with her sneakers on and no socks, so she ended up with blisters on her toes after about 5 minutes :-(
This was the 2nd waterfall Here's Elise sitting in "the chair"
Here is the 3rd waterfall. Kim was the only one who slid down this one (at the base), everyone else just waded in the pool. I think they were still a little chicken.
There was a small little slide here the kids went down. Here's Ethan

*NB- Double click on the videos to open the video on the youtube page and then click on "watch in high quality" underneath the video box. It is much better!

Elise waving from behind "Peek a boo Falls"

I didn't get pictures of the 4th waterfall either.

John and Gregg were first to go down the slide. They would spend the next 30-45 minutes standing there in that cold water helping everyone get down the slide and catching them at the bottom. They even helped a tour group who came along, where John had to rescue a dog who unexpectedly found himself going down the slide. Thanks guys!!

We went by ourselves, but here is a video of Ethan and I together.

Here's Elise

Poor Brooke got SO dirty! I guess this would be the 5th waterfall.
Poor Brett took a bad spill and got some serious road rash, a cut on his shoulder and lip and a bloody nose, but toughed it out. Here he is with his battle wounds.

Ethan and Breanne prepare to slide
Elise sliding

Abby's blisters really hurt when she put her feet in the moving cold water, so she didn't get to slide, which I feel really sad about. We will go again for sure though.

Doing this post makes me want to go again... right now!

This trip was really one of the highlights of my summer. It was SO fun. The Lewandowski's were so good to let us tag along and are such great people. Thanks so much for such a great day!

6 comments:

Shawna said...

we want to go to, don't go yet! wait for us.
Add this o the list of things we want to do next time we visit. Which isn't soon enough. We miss you guys!

brittany said...

what a fun outing! did you go this saturday? was it freezing? i love the "chair" picture of elise.

Christie said...

wow, how cool is that place? I am afraid that the walls would be too afraid. :-) Beautiful falls. YOur pictures look great. :-)

The Bryan's said...

I love Abby's last picture. The place looks gorgeous. There are a lot of places like that in Brazil that I miss so much. It looks like a ton of fun. I love all the pics and videos. I can never believe how big the kids are.

Sarah said...

What a fun place! The rock water slides totally remind me of sliding down the red rock canyon in Waterton as a kid :) So fun!

AceMott6 said...

You guys go on the best adventures!! Love your blogg page!
Miss you guys back east! :) Maybe someday we'll venture out there and see you!