Friday, September 05, 2008

First Day

While today is Abby's first day "all by herself", her other first day was on Wed, Sept 3rd (parents stayed the first hour). She counted down all morning... 4 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour... how much longer??? She was so excited to go, but I told her we needed a picture of her on her first day of school. She quickly dashed over to where I asked her to stand and sadly tripped on something and landed on her forehead on the garage floor, so that's why her eyes are a little red in the pics.
She really wanted me to take a picture that showed off her backpack...I don't know if you can tell, but I couldn't. But, when Abby's teacher went to put Abby's name tag on I discovered Abby's shirt was on backwards!! Oops!! Since her backpack had been covering her back I couldn't see the buttons running down her back until her backpack was off. We righted it immediately, and no one was any the wiser :D
As we walked over to the school she was such a chatter box. It was so cute. You could feel just how excited she was. It was very fun. As I walked home and contemplated the fact that my children are all in school now, if only for 2.5 hours, I was actually very pleased... not sad. I couldn't help but realize... this is what being a mom is all about... preparing my kids for the world, and Abby is ready. I didn't feel sad about my youngest going off to school, just content. She's going to do great!

5 comments:

Shawna said...

She has the sweetest little face. She looks like such a big girl. It's hard to look at these pictures and not be able to reach through the screen and hug her.
It's crazy all your kids are in school. That day for me seems so far away. I can't imagine I'd ever be ready for it. It gives me hope that you're enjoying it though.

Sarah said...

I love, love, love your take on having all of your kids in school. You are such a great mom, Tracey!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are darling. Such a cute smile. She seems so confident in her new venture into the world.

Anonymous said...

She is very very cute. That backpack looks VERY VERY heavy!!!! :)

Becky said...

How cute! I can't believe that was Julia two years ago! I DO get really sad about my kids growing up. I wish they could stay little longer. Time flies way too fast.