Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Denied

Yesterday afternoon I stood in a line a quarter mile long for an hour and a half to go see Pres. Clinton. Can you believe he came out to our lowly little city? I thought it was pretty cool that he came.. but not cool enough to get there at 3pm when they opened the high school campus for people to start lining up. I got to the line around 4:45. Luckily since this is a small town I saw one of Brad's colleagues and we were able to chat to pass the time. They started slowly filtering people in around 5:30. It was looking so promising, I was getting closer and closer to the door.... then, at 6:10, about 25 feet from the door, they closed them!!! I couldn't believe I had got so close only to be DENIED!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Hillary Clinton actually came out to Laveen a couple of months ago. I didn't even attempt to go near the school she was at though. It would have been cool to see her but I wouldn't dare get caught acting like I support her by showing up. I think our mother in law and aunt Sharon would have murdered me. LOL! The traffic was crazy and I was on my way home with the kids so that's the real reason I didn't go but the other one makes for a good laugh if you know our mother in law and her sister!

brittany said...

lowly? lowly... seriously, you are calling Bend lowly?

It IS a cool story though, and thank heavens for colleagues. You might have frozen to death. Well actually that was this morning in the 11 degree frost in your hair weather !!

Christie said...

I am surprised that you spent over and hour of your life waiting to see Clinton. pourquoi?????

Bill Cook said...

Hey,

He is coming to Calgary next week!!
Tickets are expensive I understand, but it doesn't matter to me as I have NO desire.

Is Hillary trying to keep him out of her way?