Sunday, March 30, 2008

To Splash or not to Splash?

Spring Vacation- Day 7 (Friday March 28)

Friday morning we were supposed to go to a pool called "Splash" in Eugene with some friends. We decided to bail on them though when we discovered it had snowed 10 inches over the pass that night and they were expecting another 9-12" during the day.

To console the kiddies we splashed around our indoor pool here in Bend with the same friends and a couple more. The pool was crazy busy, but the kids didn't seem to mind as they were there for THREE HOURS!! Brad was pretty water logged after about 2, stuck it out for 2 1/2, but couldn't take any more and got out. We met some friends afterwards at McDonald's for ice cream cones and my children were introduced to the "Free mini cone." I don't know if we'll ever get out of McD's again without them mooching mini cones.



Other BIG news was that Trader Joes opened!! Yea! A couple girlfriends and I carpooled over there Friday night at 8:00. The store was pretty picked over by the time we got there though. We asked one of the guys there about restocking and he told us they had a truck full of stock waiting outside to be unloaded as soon as the store opened. I got some of my favorite simmer sauces. I especially love the Marsala! Their Boursin cheese is a lot cheaper there, as is their Kerry Irish butter. I am anxious to try a bunch of their products.

Do you have a favorite Trader Joe product I should try?

4 comments:

Becky said...

Ooh, I didn't know there was a free mini-cone!

I've actually never shopped at Trader Joe's. I've been inside the store maybe once, in Las Vegas. I don't even know if they have it here. If they do, I'll try some of your favorite products!

brittany said...

i hear they have some really delicious bon bons there :)

Christie said...

i will have to write down your favorite products so that I know what to buy at ours.

SJacobus said...

I'm so happy for you. I should send you a congratulations card now that Trader Joe's is open!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)