Sunday, January 27, 2008

A really slick move!


Tonight our ward went night skiing at Hoodoo. It was such a great deal! We got our lift ticket AND rentals for $15!! It snowed the whole time we were there, so as the evening got cooler the chairs got more and more slippery. As we were getting near the top Samantha leaned forward to get ready to unload and whoosh... she was gone. Luckily she fell a few feet in front of the ramp in powder(about 5 feet above the ground) and she had a soft landing... but it was pretty scary!!! The kids did really great by the end of the night. The big girls even went up the big chair and did a great job going down the big slopes. It was so cool to be able to see our friends from the ward on the ski hill and hear them cheering on our kids from the chairlift (Abby really ate that up!) and helping out our children, waiting from them, and helping them when they fell. We are so lucky to have such a great ward family!

5 comments:

brittany said...

That is so scary! I'm glad you guys went and had fun. Did Brad snowboard again? Was it any better this time?

Christie said...

How fun... I am so glad she slipped in powder. I also was wondering what Brad did. $15!!! You can't beat that!

SJacobus said...

Was this a quorum activity? Harold skiis. I however abhour the idea of riding down a hill on two sticks. I think it's the whole heights factor. I'll say it myself. I'M A BIG CHICKEN!!!

tracey said...

Yes, Brad braved the snowboard again, and did much better I might add. Since it was fresh powder it made his falls a lot softer and his turns a lot easier.
Suelynn, I'm sorry your family didn't hear about it. My husband got a flyer and then "Big John" was handing them out in the foyer after church. He must have missed you. I'll make sure you find out next time so Harold can take the boys and you can babysit the hot chocolate :D

Becky said...

Wow, 15 bucks? That might have even tempted me to give it a try--at least on the bunny hill.