Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hawaii 2010- Day 3

Brad was at conference from 7am-1pm, so I enjoyed sleeping in, taking my time and spent my morning sitting out in the sun with my book. When I got a little warm, took a little dip in the ocean.... REPEAT When Brad was done we went for a snorkel together right off the hotel beach. The fish here were great too, and some we hadn't seen before, and a couple more sea turtles that were bigger than the day before. You feel like you are swimming in a fish tank at the aquarium!

We then came back and warmed up and dried off in the perfect temp. Hawaiian sun! For supper we headed up to Hawi, a small town out of the way of tourists, and ended up at Luke's Place. It was kindof like "Cheers." It seemed everybody knew everybody and they were hugging each other... except us. I really liked the local feel, rather than the resort feel.
We enjoyed some entertainment there especially this Jazz flute.


I had to try out the virgin Pina Colada! Mmmmm! And so ended ANOTHER day in paradise.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yay, I'm glad you're blogging again!

Wow, Hawaii! My birthplace. I wonder if I'll ever be there not as an infant?