Thursday, November 26, 2009

Birthday Trip to hot springs, September happenings, and... MY HUSBAND ROCKS!!

Ok, I've got some MAJOR catching up to do... so here we go...

In Sept. for my birthday, all I wanted to do was go to the Belnap Hot Springs... so to the hot springs we went. It was a PERFECT day to go, not too hot, not too cold.
Can you see us in the reflection? Beautiful gardens at the hot springs


On our little jaunt around the hot springs the kids found this and thought it was fun to climb on
Ahhh... so nice and warm...
I am now 36!
Look at that steam... it was WONDERFUL! So RELAXING!
We could only take it for an hour though... then it got to be a little too much.
Just behind us you can see/feel the springs coming out of the ground. Super HOT!

A couple times this summer we went to what they call "Munch and Movies" It is a family friendly movie in the park at dusk. It is so much fun. Here the kids are getting ready with their sleeping bags and blankets

I think we're watching "Kung Fu Panda"
Last, but certainly not least is the ring I got for my birthday/our anniversary from Brad.
I have been admiring my girlfriend, Shelagh's ring since I noticed it not long after we moved here. She is from Ireland and had got her ring there, so there really wasn't a chance of me finding one here. Brad, being the awesome hubby he is, when he found out Shelagh was going home to Ireland asked her to buy the ring for him so I could have it. Shelagh, being the super cool gal she is took some time out of her vacation to go pick the ring up for me. Isn't that so cool?
So here is my BEAUTIFUL IRISH ring- directly to me from across the pond!!
I LOVE IT!

Speaking of rings...

Ethan had a little mishap with his. He got his CTR ring for his birthday, but it was a little big, so one morning he decided that if he bit it and squeezed it a little tighter on his finger it wouldn't slide around. He kept biting it and trying to reshape it until it was on his finger so tight we couldn't get it off. So... before school we headed over to the fire department (across the street) and they were very nice and quickly cut his ring off for him, and we were out of there in time for him to head off to school. Quite an exciting morning!

4 comments:

Grandma Whiting said...

Finally get to see some new blog entries from you. I have been waiting. Nice little bit of Paradise for your family. Brad is still in good physical shape. Fun picture of everyone in the pool. Loved the picture of you and Samantha and Elise amongst the flowers. Very pretty. Very thoughtful (to say the least) of Brad getting the ring along with the help of your girlfriend. Kind of fitting since Brad has Irish blood in him.

Shawna said...

Those are the nicest hot springs i have ever seen. I'm used to the tiny ones surrounded by brick. I they usually fit about 4 people in at a time. Ask brad, I'm sure he knows which ones i'm taking about from the wild EAC days!

Christie said...

Such a pretty ring! What a great Birthday. I thought for a minute that the post must have been written by Brad w/ a title like that. :-) Thanks for the catch up

Becky said...

Happy birthday (a few months late)! And what a pretty ring. It kind of reminds me of "my precious." I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog, too. I have to go back to September, too!