Friday, May 08, 2009

Tiptoe through the tulips

April 24th we headed west for some sunshine and spring since it hasn't come to stay in Bend yet. A friend had told me about this tulip festival in Woodburn and it was AMAZING!
It was a beautiful day and all the tulips were in full bloom... I can't describe it, so I've posted a tonne of pictures.



We were there for a few hours just walking around and taking pictures (I have spared you from about 90 percent of the pictures).
They also had this fun ride around the property with Betsy and Clarabell, some water pump duck races, a haystack, slide and swings to play on.

This place gets an A+ in my places to visit book.



We of course came home with some tulips and ordered some bulbs for the fall. I can't wait!WARNING: PDA

13 comments:

RedWoman said...

Wounderfull flowers, great colors

Welles Tan said...

Wow! Very nice photos! Your are having great life style!

brittany said...

oh my goodness, why didn't you tell me? I so would have met you that is only 45 minutes away. the pictures are beautiful... are you ready for us? only 11 more sleeps :)

Christie said...

wow! I am planning my trip to visit you during the spring so that I can go there sometime. Funny music BTW

Bill Cook said...

Whatdo they do with all those blooms? I guess they must sell some at least to stores and then there will be the fall bulb sales .... but there must be millios of flowers there!!

Great pictures. Reminds me of pictures I have seen of the fields in Lincolnshire (but the landscape is MUCH flatter there!.

Sarah said...

So beautiful!! I love tulips, I can't even imagine how beautiful that must have been in person :)

SJacobus said...

I always see these places in pictures. I've got to go see one in person some day expecially since it's not even that far away!

sherry said...

I am so jealous! Tulips have always been my favorite, and almost the only flower Wendell buys for me. These are some fabulous pictures!

Becky said...

Wow, how beautiful! How far was the drive from Bend?

Shawna said...

That has now been added to "the places I'll go before I die" list. How beautiful!

Loved all the photos. Did Sam cut her hair? It looks really cute!

Tricia said...

The flowers look amazing, I wish we had tulips up. There is something special about flowers and how they cheer me up

Josh and Nat said...

Talk about beautiful with vibrant colors?!!! Where is this one at? I went to a tulip festival close to McMinnville once.. I can't remember the name of the town though... Your family looks fabulous! And that is a darling picture of you and Brad... By the way, yes, those were at Thanksgiving Point! :)

Natalie said...

Incredible! Let me know about this and we'll be over next year. Tulips are one of my favorites.