Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Howlin' Good Time

Friday morning our family started our 5 hour road trip to Washington for our much anticipated trip


Once we were checked in at "The Great Wolf Lodge" we went straight for our room, put on our bathing suits and spent the next 3 hours in the water park
We were so tired and waterlogged after that we went to one of their on site restaurants for supper, where they served dinner in these cute buckets (isn't that such a cute idea? I think I may use it for a birthday party or something)The kids were so exhausted they went straight to bed and we all slept for NINE hours straight!!The BEST thing about the Great Wolf Lodge is that it is all about the kids. I especially love the "Kid's Kabin" the kids got to sleep in. They had a bunk bed and day bed in the little room with their OWN TV!! Could you imagine anything more exciting?Saturday morning we headed back to the water park for another 3.5 hours.
Abby and Ethan enjoyed some water wars




Look up!
Watch out!

My monkey boy!
He's a lean machine!
They had something for every age level. You can't see in the pictures I posted, but there are 2 medium water slides, 2 big waterslides with rafts, 2 waterslides for tubes, and a wave pool in addition to the pictures I took. I particularly loved the "Howlin' Tornado" it was like nothing I had ever been on before... and SO fun.
This trip totally wore us out (in a good way of course :D) We'd love to do it again some time and think it would be even more fun with friends... so who's up for going with us next year??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That is some WaterPark!!! It looks like soo much fun!!!! Tracey, isn't that swimsuit about the same age as your Club Monaco sweatshirt??
:) :O

Amy said...

Tracey, that looks like so much fun!! I wish we didn't live clear across the United States!! It would be fun to go with you guys there! We are hopefully going on a small get away for spring break! I don't know where b/c Gene is incharge. :)

Tricia said...

They opened one of these in Grand Forks just two hour drive. Our kids love the theme rooms and their own space, as well as James and I. This one looks a little bit bigger, Im thinking that we need to have a trip. It looks like it was super fun.

Becky said...

Awesome! I love that place. We had the smallest room, though, which was still pretty nice, but we'll have to splurge and get those cool bunk beds next time! And we were there in the summer so we got to use the outdoor pool, too. Aaahhh, you're making me want to drive 8 hours to Kansas City! Did you stay just one night?

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a blast. Everyone sleeping 9 hours. You must have not slowed down for one minute.

Ben said...

Looks like everyone had a blast. I'd love to take Theron & Sydney to a place like that sometime.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness what a fun trip! My girls would be in heaven, anything with water and they are the happiest kids ever. You guys do the most fun things as a family, I love it. What an amazing waterpark!