Thursday, December 04, 2008

Terrebonne Letterboxing

It was so nice on Saturday that we HAD to get out of the house. I didn't want to do the "same ol' same ol'" so I went online to find a letterbox. Letterboxing is always an adventure and always takes you to cool places. I chose a group of boxes in Terrebonne to go check out.

This place was REALLY off the beaten path and we would have never found Arch Canyon otherwise.
Here we are stamping in at our first find.

The next box was at the base of these cool rocks We also found some cool caves along the way


The view of the canyon was awesome too!
Ethan and Abby's favorite activity however was collecting shotgun shells! See how proud she is of her bounty? She called them her "babies"
Here's Ethan with the collection making his best "red neck" face.
Both letterboxing.org and atlasquest.com
are great resources for finding a letterbox near you and a fun adventure.
For any readers in Calgary, go check out our letterbox in Fish Creek park. The directions are here.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You guys are such a fun family! I had never heard of letterboxing before, but I bet your kids have so much fun with it! Who doesn't love a good treasure hunt :)

Christie said...

Looks like much fun! You were lucky no one was living in those caves :-) I was looking forward to a picture of the squatters too.

sherry said...

What a fun family activity! I will have to read more about it.

SJacobus said...

We really should do something like this. Maybe as some compass work for cub scouts??? Do you have to have GPS or will a compass work?

The Bryan's said...

Never heard of that before. Really interesting. I will try it someday when the kids are bigger and can walk on their own. I love the shots of Ethan and Abby at the end.