Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just Ducky

Saturday I had a baby shower for one of my girlfriends, and it was really the first party I've ever had that I tried to decorate for and host/feed 25 people. I thought it turned out so cute that I wanted to share, so you can all tell me it was "so cute" too! LOL!!
Don't know if you can tell but those are little duckies in the bowl and the letters are actually cookies
This was the food table before I put out the pastas and bread, but you get the idea
I was so proud of my idea to put the theme paper in the stocking hangers to hang up the ducky clothes I got her

I thought these flowers were so pretty
It is so sad that Emily is leaving and that we won't actually get to see the baby until he is a couple months old. I will miss Emily and her family. They are good friends.

11 comments:

Shawna said...

Great job Martha...I mean Tracey! Your ideas were so cute. Loved the stocking holders with paper. Great idea!

brittany said...

It looks like a great evening!! wish i could have been there.

Sarah said...

That is so cute!!! :) For real, what a darling shower. I also love the stocking holders with the paper in them, what a great idea. Also, you totally deserve the super cool mom award for taking your girls on opening night to Twilight! You are the coolest! :)

sherry said...

You did a great job! I love the stocking idea, it is so clever. My shower with Mitchell was ducky themed and used those same colors.(yours turned out cuter.Shhh don't tell my friends;) And your desserts have my mouth watering...

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!

Amy said...

I am very impressed Tracey! I always stress out about doing stuff like that, but it looked like you did a great job! And of course it is very cute.

Becky said...

Wow, amazing! A far cry from the mini-pizzas and root beer floats at the baby shower Darcie and I threw for you when you were pregnant with Samantha!

Anonymous said...

So this is how beautiful and cute your decorations were, Tracey. We know about the before-hand preparations and came back to your house after the party was over and saw a few lingering decorations after everything was cleared away. Very classy and impressive.

Christie said...

WOW, you went all out.!!! Love the stocking hangers, and the vase. Your pieces of cake look amazing!!! YUMM

Unknown said...

I am so sad I missed it. Let me know if Emily left you with a new address.

SJacobus said...

I ended up not being able to make it and had to give her her gift later. I love the stocking hanger idea and your flowers do look great. What a fun vase!