Monday, July 28, 2008

My boy- 7 years old!

My boy was born 7 years ago today! We had moved to Dedham, MA, on July 1st and he was born on July 28th, so we were still pretty new to the area and hadn't completely unpacked.

I was so anxious for him to come as the girls had come 3 and 4 weeks early and had anticipated an early arrival. Ethan came only 2 weeks early. I was busy eating Thai food and walking trying to move things along. Ethan's birth was very "normal". Sitting at home waiting for contractions while I watched "Grease", the Saturday afternoon movie on tv, and then eventually getting the kids to the neighbours and going into the hospital.

It was actually pretty exciting to have my mom there when Ethan was born. She was in the air on her way to MA when we went to the hospital, so we had the airline notify her when she landed that we were at the hospital, and she took the taxi straight to the hospital where Ethan was born a few hours later.

Ethan's homecoming day. We had a "blue party"

Here he is on his blessing day (2 weeks old)

Ethan's first trip to the beach- Wingaersheek beach (1 month)

Such a cutie!
Mmmmm cookies!!

Uh-oh!
Ethan at 18 months Ethan at 3 yearsEthan at 5 years
It wouldn't be right to show pictures of Ethan without a critter photo


"I think I scared him away"

Here's a pic of Ethan after he fell in the river trying to catch a crawdad

Happy Birthday to my boy who is always full of surprises and keeps things interesting around here. He has always been a lot of fun, full of energy, with a witty sense of humor, an inquiring mind and a great kid!

10 comments:

Ben said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! What a great kid.

Brad said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! Can't wait to play with your new presents!

brittany said...

Happy Birthday to Ethan!

Tricia said...

These are my favorite posts, I love hearing about the grand entrance and fun memories about the kids. I think they love it too. Thanks for sharing and happy birthday Ethan!!

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Ethan, sorry we forgot to call, what losers! We'll find something REALLY cool for you in Canada!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ethan. It was great talking to you on the phone last night. Hope to see you very soon. Loved all of those cute pictures. Very handsome boy.

Shawna said...

Happy Birthday Ethan. We sure miss you! Hope you had a good birthday!
You're such a fun boy and Theron loves to play with you...you're such a good example!

Becky said...

My little boy turned 4 yesterday, on the 27th! (But I haven't blogged about him yet!) I didn't know Ethan's birthday was so close to his. Happy birthday to Ethan! What a cute kid.

The Bryan's said...

Happy Birthday ETHAN!!! I loved to see his photos of when he was a baby. He was so cute!! He still is a very handsome Bryan!!! I wished we were closer so the kids could see each other more often...Love the pictures and the fun memories!

SJacobus said...

What cutie! Hope you had a great birthday Ethan!