Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Matsiko Children's Choir

The radio stalker strikes again! Yes, I called into the radio station and got us 2nd row reserved seating to the Matsiko Children's choir concert. This was the sign on my chair reserving my seat. I was so happy as we walked into the filling First Baptist Church chapel, past a few people from church and my physical therapist, to the front of the church for our premier seating. :-)

The Matsiko Choir is a children's choir basically comprised of orphaned children from Uganda. They are part of the International Children's Network and are travelling the western US for a year raising funds for their organization which places a strong emphasis on educating the youth of underprivileged countries. You can read about their cause here.


The children were, of course beautiful, and their singing was very touching. They have a video presentation about one of the children in the choir and about the state of orphaned children in Uganda that is heart wrenching. It was a wonderful experience and I hope the kids will remember some of the things they saw and heard. We are so incredibly blessed to live in a safe and clean environment where access to education is so readily available. I find it hard to imagine the lives some children are forced to lead.

See when they will be in your area here. They are travelling all over the western states, and the concert is FREE!! It would be well worth your time to attend. And if your lucky maybe the DJ you listen to attends the church where they are holding the performance and you too may be able to call in for premier seating :D

6 comments:

Shawna said...

Are you and the DJ's on a first name basis now? You probably call in and say Hi and they know who you are right away. That's awesome.
Sounds like a neat concert. I always enjoy listening to choirs like that. I've never been to one live but I always feel so blessed to have what I have after listening to their stories.

Christie said...

Boo hoo, they aren't coming here :-( It looks so neat, what a cool experience for you all. I loved the clip. Glad you had a good time!!!

Anonymous said...

Tracey--When do you find time to do all of these activities with your children? They are getting a well-rounded education outside of their school education. I am sure this touched their hearts, and it had an effect on them that will last a long time.

Ben said...

Fun!

The Bryan's said...

Yeah, I also wonder how come you guys get to do so many fun things...It seems like we never have time and yet we only have one child???? The clip was very cute!

SJacobus said...

How fun. Congratulations! I saw this in the paper and thought it would be nice to go, but we are still getting over the flu. We'll be kind and keep our cuties to ourselves.