Saturday, February 09, 2008

Bend WinterFest

Today we went to the Bend WinterFest which is a fun party they have downtown, and the weather was perfect!
I wish I had pictures of the x-country ski racing, but my batteries in my camera were dead. Sorry! They were very cool.
Enter- Brad with batteries.
This is Mrs. Snowberry who put on a 1/2 hour magic show prior to Frosty's birthday party. It was pretty fun. As you can see Ethan and Abby are entranced. This was just prior to the "Light Parade with Frosty" which meant every kid got a little keychain flashlight, turned them on and followed Frosty around the tents.
I thought this cauldron was pretty cool.
Here's one of the ice carvings
At 6:30 we finished up with the fireworks display. Not a bad afternoon/evening for FREE!
Maybe next year we will be cool enough to spend the money to get into the cool "Rail Jam" (a snowboard jumping/trick "extreme" sport) It looked cool, but you had to pay to get in and large items and banners were strategically placed so you couldn't see for free :-(

1 comment:

SJacobus said...

I can't believe I've never known about the night stuff. I've lived here how long????? What a blast. We'll have to go next year at a later time. We had a great time during the day and yes the weather was gorgeous!!!!!!!!!