Sunday, October 04, 2009

First snow fall?? on Oct. 4th???

This morning we woke up at 6:45am to Ethan jumping on our heads telling us: "Get up! Get up! Come see I wrote my name in the snow... It's snowing outside!" I thought there was maybe a skiff of snow (it IS after all OCT. 4TH), and then Ethan threw up the blinds to show us the accumulation outside, and it was a pretty good snow!
The kids were so giddy with excitement to go out and play in the snow. I think there is nothing like the excitement of kids on the first day of snow. They are so thrilled, it's just like they've seen it again for the first time. It is so fun!!
The first snowfall is always so fun... especially so when it was so unexpected!
It continued to snow until early afternoon and we ended up with a couple inches of snow to play with in the afternoon.
It was especially nice that it was General Conference today, so we didn't have to go to church and could stay at home with the fire and hot chocolate :-D



3 comments:

Christie said...

Wow that is quite the accumulation I'm impressed. So are your kids out there in their PJs and winter coats? I am impressed that their winter coats were accessible, it would take some doing to get my kids winter coats out. :-)

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous....we are sure going to miss the snow...looks like y'all had fun!!

Sarah said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I am totally missing the snow right now. I love that your kids are the only ones out playing in it :) You guys sure know how to have fun!