Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung and so the Bryan's are heading outdoors again. On April 5th we took this little hike down by Benham Falls. It felt so good to be out in the sun!!

And found the letterbox we were looking for.

These are the remnants of an old train track for a lumber loading station back in the sawmill hay days.
There ARE some disadvantages to having a white dog...
and kids hiking in the spring
Brad took this picture. Think you know what it is?Brad took the kids on April 19th to the head of the Metolius river and hiked along the river for a few hours (while I had meetings)
I really want to go see this. The river just spews out of the ground... and this is where the river begins.
Another beautiful spring day! Hooray!

9 comments:

Christie said...

That River is SO cool. I can't believe that is where it starts! It's a HUGE spring type thing. SO cool. You guys are always out walking... amazing. My kids would die, I'm working on that tho, they're getting better with the letter boxing exercise

brittany said...

do you mean to tell me you went letterboxing at suicide falls??? that is what the birnel family has re-named it. keep up the posts. you're making me excited for our trip!

Brad said...

Actually, these are some smaller springs that feed into the Metolius River. We didn't start at the head of the river, where it actually does start underground.

Just to be 100% accurate....

Grandma Whiting said...

Wish I could be there to go hiking with you. Brings back fond memories. Great pictures of the kids and the scenery.

Grandma Whiting said...

By the way, were those rocks on a riverbed--the picture that Brad took that we were supposed to guess what it was?

Sarah said...

So pretty! I love that you guys are always out doing something fun with your family. I'm glad it's warming up there! It has cooled off here a little bit which I am so grateful for! ;)

Brad said...

That picture is of tree bark, by the way.

The Bryan's said...

Just lovely! AZ is getting hot so you have no idea how appealing your pics looked to me right now. I love the pics of the kids together, they are big, even the dog looks like has grown a bit.

SJacobus said...

That river is really cool. We went fishing there once and I think I spent more time staring and the strangness of it coming out of the ground then actually paying any attention to my fishing.

I was going to guess that picture was of some weird rock. I would not have guessed tree bark. Cool picture!