Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bear Crawl for Charity

On May 9th the gym I attend is having a fund raiser for "Partnership To End Poverty" (a local non-profit) by bear crawling the mile long trail up Pilot Butte.
I am excited to participate in this event as bear crawls were an exercise that initially, literally terrified me when I started bootcamp. Every time they asked us to bear crawl across the gym my heart started racing and I didn't think I could do it.

Last Wednesday, however a couple friends and I bear crawled 1/2 way up the butte before we ran out of time. I am sure by May 9th we will be cruising as we crawl up the Butte.What is a bear crawl? Here is a video of someone doing a bear crawl


Let me know if you can support me with $1, $5 or more. Checks can be made out to "Partnership to end Poverty"
I also have a Paypal account if it is easier for you to send it that way.
Thanks for your support!

4 comments:

brittany said...

look at you.. bear crawling the butte, that is impressive, i could hardly walk up that thing! put us in for $10, let me know how to pay you, maybe paypal would be easiest?

Sarah said...

That is crazy! This boot camp sounds amazing. That is so awesome you're doing that, Tracey!

Grandma Whiting said...

That seems like an exercise that would affect almost every part of your body. Maybe I will start doing it up and down our long hallway. I am sure you will take plenty of pictures the day of the charity climb. We will send you something.

Hey, I have a soup recipe that is great for losing weight. I have lost 5 pounds in 4 days. It is delicious and fills you up and keeps you from getting hungry between meals. It contains chicken breast, black beans, grated carrots, tomatoes, tons of spinach, jalapenos, onions, chicken broth, tomatoes. I love it and eat it twice a day. While my cousin was staying with me, we both ate it. She lost one dress size. I look forward to it each meal time, it is that good. While my other cousins were here, I fed them some and they loved it too. They all wanted the recipe even though they didn't have to lose weight. It is very cheap to fix too. How mny pounds have you lost so far?

Stephanie said...

Hey Superwoman! I'll donate. :D I'll give you some cash at church sometime before the 9th. :D