Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Queen Anne would be proud

One of our Enrichment groups is a "Needle craft" group. I learned a little knitting and it got me to pick up the old crochet hook again. I found this crochet pattern online called "Queen Anne's Lace" and made this scarf.
Anyone out there got some cute crochet patterns to share? It is SO addicting!
Queen Anne’s Lace Scarf:
I used 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver in Shocking Pink and a size “J” hook
Chain 6 and join into a ring.
1: Chain 3,work 13 dc into ring. DO NOT JOIN! Chain 1,turn. Work a sc into next 2 dc. *Chain 4,sc in next 2 dc. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops). Chain 6,turn.
2: Slip stitch into the 1st free ch4 loop. Chain 3,turn. Work 13 dc into the ch6 loop. Slip stitch into the the 1st sc of the 1st motif,chain 1,turn. Sc in next 2 dc. *Chain 4,sc in next 2 dc. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops). Chain 6,turn.
3: Slip stitch in 1st free ch4 loop of adjoining motif,chain 3,turn. Work 13 dc into ch6 loop. Slip stitch in next free ch4 loop of adjoining motif,chain 1,turn. Sc in next 2 dc. *Chain 4,sc in next 2 dc. Repeat from * five more times (6 loops). Slip stitch into next free ch4 loop of adjoining motif. Chain 6,turn.
4:Repeat step 3 for desired scarf length. I worked a total of 50 motifs and got a 60 inch scarf. End off and weave in ends.
This pattern can be done with just about any yarn,but I wouldn’t recommend a boucle or textured yarn,as that would take away from the lacy effect.

9 comments:

Brad said...

Oooh, I can't wait to try this one! :)

Shawna said...

That really is cute Tracey. I have always wanted to learn to crochet. My grandma tried to teach me when I was younger and I was to stubborn to teach. Now that she is gone, it makes me sad I didn't learn from her as that is what she was known for doing...crocheting.

Sarah said...

Cute!! You look adorable, that hat is really cute too! I knew how to crochet at one point in my life... I could probably remember again with a good refresher course :)

Christie said...

Who Wee, cute! I actually started to pick up crocheting again like a year or so ago, and put it all back down when the book told me how I was doing it ALL wrong. :-( I should give her a go again. Take a closer picture so I can see the detail.

SJacobus said...

Really Brad? This I gotta see!

Truly I can't wait to try this one. Thank you for sharing it Tracey. I don't have any that I personally made to share, but I've found some good blog links and a couple really cute patterns in some books at the library I'd be willing to pass along if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dykstra would be proud!!

Becky said...

Ooh, nice! I want to learn to crochet really bad, even though knitting is the trendy thing right now. And you always were able to pull off a hat! Lookin' good.

brittany said...

Way to go!! I am so very impressed. What a cute scarf.

Unknown said...

Cute Cute Cute. Mine would be just one string. I'm best at making those. I can only move in one direction :P