Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It wouldn't be Christmas without some sugar cookie making.
Or a good dump of snow.
(Star LOVES playing in the snow!)
Stringing popcorn and cranberries
Fun playing out in the snow on Christmas eve
(even though Samantha tried hard to act like she wasn't having any fun)




Even after supper the little ones couldn't get enough and went outside for another hour and a half!!


Could it get any better?
Well, maybe if your mom let you make a gingerbread house... so many of my blogging friends have pictures of their families making gingerbread houses etc. and my kids asked me a few times but... I kept avoiding it until the season was over. My poor kids. Perhaps next year I will be up for the challenge, frustration and mess.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Just buy the kit from Costco or Michaels for the ginger bread. I am jealous of your snow. We have a wicked cold wind, and nothing to play in. :-(

Becky said...

You don't have to do a gingerbread house if you do sugar cookies. That's the rule! I made 50+ sugar cookies for Julia's class party. I guess I was burned out because we only baked about 1/2 the dough I made for us to do at home. What a waste!

SJacobus said...

From your later posts I'd say they still had a pretty awesome Christmas season despite the absence of gingerbread houses.

The snow was sure fun while it lasted.