Saturday, December 13, 2008

Briar Rose is in the house!!

Thursday night was Samantha's acting debut!
She did such a great job. I can't imagine ever getting up in front of all those people and remembering my lines, etc. A lot of hard work went into the play. They have been practicing for 2 hours after school 3 times/week since the end of September. The play was an adaptation of Sleeping Beauty. Samantha did a great job playing Briar Rose.
Bravo Samantha!!!

Briar Rose getting her groove on

She is awakened by her prince


Here is Samantha's posse who came out to support her at her performance.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anything this Samantha can't do. An aspiring author, pianist, flutist, "trombonist," actress, intelligent, and who knows what else. Certainly more than I ever dreamed of being.

Ben said...

Now that's some good acting right there. That slap looked like it hurt!

Sarah said...

So fun! Isn't Sleeping Beauty everyone's favorite princess? So fun to get to play her!

Christie said...

Great Job again! And I say... again.... Is there anything this girl doesn't do?!?!?!

Shawna said...

Great job Samantha. Getting the grove on was so funny. I was hoping to see a little "stiff arm out to the side, spinning in a circle action". Like she danced when she was younger!

I agree with you Tracey, she's good to be able to remember her lines in front of so many people!

Tricia said...

She is one talented girl, musical actor, what a proud mom moment for all her hard work.

Kelly said...

i think you're raising an overachiever... holy cow, what can't that girl do? the best babysitter, flautist (or however you spell it), twilight reader, trombone player (it is a trombone right?), piano, wow, I'm tired even typing it all. I so wish we were there and could have gone to her big debut! Tell her how amazing she was from me and the girlies!!

brittany said...

so I guess Ryan's sister was signed in to google at our house tonight, the last comment was from me, Brittany :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!Great performance. Looks like fun!!

The Bryan's said...

Good job Samantha!!! She looks really good on the dress. I love last picture of her.

SJacobus said...

Way to go Samantha! Looks like a really fun version of Sleeping Beauty.