Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nothing

On Wednesday the 8th, around noon, I left to go to Calgary for my mom's wedding. I spent the next 9 hours ALONE either in the airport or on the plane. My mom picked me up from the airport and we had a good chat that night. The next morning my mom had to go to work, so I decided I just wanted to stay at her place and be ALONE and do NOTHING. It was great! For the most part, until I got home late Sunday night I was without an agenda or anything pressing to do. I had left Brad with the kids and had only myself to worry about. It was WONDERFUL! I was surprised by how many hours are in a day when they aren't packed and full of responsibilities. I am sure I would not last long living that lifestyle, but it sure was nice to have a little break.

I am waiting for pictures from the wedding before I blog about that... coming soon :D

Brad took the kids to "the coast" for the weekend while I was gone and I will get him to post about that soon as well.

Have you ever had a weekend away with "nothing" to do?

8 comments:

Christie said...

So just incase we weren't all jealous enough reading about your weekend of Nothingness, you need to ask at the end if we've ever had that. NO we haven't! Holy rub it in!

Sarah said...

I'm afraid that I haven't had a weekend of nothing yet, but I'm hoping to someday! :) It sounds heavenly!

tracey said...

Hey it only took me 15 years to get one Sarah... you just celebrated 6 years...?? Only 9 to go if you're on pace with me. Let's hope it's sooner:D

Tricia said...

I too am jumping the band wagon, I am so jealous, no kids yelling or crying for you, plus the added advantage of getting a bed to yourself!!!!

Shawna said...

As I was reading this post i glanced up to Kevin's flickr of photos and saw the one of you putting the flowers on your mom. It's such a beautiful picture.
I'm glad you were able to get away by yourself and enjoy some Tracey time.

I guess it helps to have a cool husband that took care of the kids for you too. You're sweet Brad!

Becky said...

My only weekend alone was in spring of 2007 when I flew here by myself to go house hunting. So I didn't do much relaxing, but I did have a few moments when I appreciated the solitude.

Becky said...

Oh yeah, and congrats to your mom, and I'm glad you got to go!

Gbryan said...

I need a day of nothing soon or I will go nuts!