Wednesday, May 21, 2008

David v. David

Who are YOU cheering for?
So, after last night Archuleta is clearly the best singer. Cook lacked heart, I thought. I think the best outcome for everyone involved would be for Archuleta to win. Archuleta needs the backing and Cook needs the freedom to do what he wants without having to put out a recording that AI wants him to. I read somewhere that they are both guaranteed a contract, so really they both win. Archuleta clearly needs a choreographer and a fashion consultant. What was with that lame sailor/anchor jacket (and all the lame Tshirts through out the season)? Cook on the other hand already has the moves and the personality to be a star, so he will do just fine on his own.
Did you enjoy the finale?
Who are you cheering for and why?

8 comments:

brittany said...

Totally rooting for David Cook over here, and I have to disagree with him lacking heart. I felt he was entirely sincere last night even getting choked up after the last song. Their styles vary incredibly and while I do believe Archuletta has the better voice of the two, I think David Cook has the potential to go a lot further in his career, and he's older, Archuletta is still so young, although if it is him, I won't be heart broken.

Shawna said...

After the last performances I thought that Archuleta should win. I like both David's and I think it doesn't matter who is going to win. They both will go far and get contracts. I think this is the first AI that has two great finalists that I liked. I think that are both humble and have done really well and both deserve to win. Although if I had to pick, it would be Archuleta based on their last performances.
I agree with you on A needed fashion help and C needing freedom to do what he wants with his music.
They're both very talented!

Shawna said...

Ben was telling me about a web site that says they can track the votes as they come in. Not sure what it is or if it's legit but I think last night he said the site was favoring Cook.

Shawna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

I love them both, for totally different reasons. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I don't think you can say either one is better than the other.

I think the judges should have shown less bias on the final night. We already know they're the best two, so I wish the judges had just celebrated how great both of them are and left it up to the people to decide! I think it's pretty obvious that Archuleta's gonna win.

I think that website tracks busy signals, so they assume that whoever has the busiest lines is ahead.

Brad said...

Elmo has the 12 year old girl vote locked up, so it' him by a landslide.

Ben said...

I predict Cook.

The Bryan's said...

We always wanted Archuleta to win. We think he has more potential and time to grow better. We never liked Cook because he always seemed so proud and cocky. Kind of sad that Archuleta didn't win though....