Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

Although Earth day is actually on the 22nd, we had the parade in Bend today. The parade is called the "Procession of the Species" and anyone dressed as an animal, or living thing is welcome to participate in the parade. Elise and Samantha weren't too keen on participating, so they watched while Abby, Ethan and I marched in the parade.

These are some belly dancing butterflies.

Here are our tree hugging friends beginning the parade

Here we are.

It wouldn't be a Bend community event without seeing a few people we knew like a couple families from our ward watching the parade, and a colleague of Brad's and his daughter also in the parade.

After the parade there were a bunch of booths set up in the park with eco-friendly companies. We got some cool information, Ethan had to (of course) enter a drawing, and the kids made pinecone bird feeders. So... HAPPY EARTH DAY!

What are you doing to celebrate Earth Day?

6 comments:

Christie said...

Man, I remember the parades in Picture Butte. Those were some good memories. I'm glad that you all have stuff like that going on. What fun!

Ben said...

I'm going to hop in my Hummer and BBQ some bald eagle over my all-plastic bonfire. HAPPY EARTH DAY!

Looks like fun--kids looked cute as always! I am digging that kids' giraffe costume in one of the pics.

tracey said...

LOL!

Brad said...

Mmmm....bald eagle...

Becky said...

I was flying home from Tennessee, and it never even crossed my mind that it was Earth Day! I guess I'm not much of a tree hugger, but the parade looks like fun.

SJacobus said...

Very fun. We missed out on so much this week because of the flu, but we're getting to make-up for it through you:)