Friday, March 14, 2008

Flashback Friday- 16 years ago today 1992



THEN & NOW

As I mentioned before it was 16 years ago today that Brad and I went out on our first date and he won me over by playing the intro to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, on the piano at the WILK (Wilkinson center) at BYU (although I see that calling it the WILK now even dates me- I guess it's the WSC now (?)).
Honestly the only reason I remember the actual date is because it was the same date as 2 of my friends birthdays and I remember that I wanted to be sure to wish them a happy birthday before I went out that night. I don't know how many people actually have a picture of their first date with their spouse, but I am lucky enough to have one. Granted it's not that best picture as it is a "self-portrait" and before the days of digital cameras (gasp! I'm so old) so you never knew what you were going to get. Who knew what we were starting that day.
We don't look so young and perky in our most recent "self portrait", but I choose to believe we look so much more full of maturity and wisdom now.
I will leave you with video from that intro that won me over, oh so long ago (although the song is really from '81) Becky, do you even remember Brad playing the piano that night?

In particular I am digging the leopard print shirt, the afro, and the oh so cool gym shorts on the drummer. Good thing Brad wasn't wearing those that night!



Don't tell me you wouldn't have fallen for a guy who could play that intro? (unless of course he was wearing those shorts, maybe)

5 comments:

brittany said...

i love the picture of you guys and happy anniversary of your first date? are you celebrating after the baptism? did you want ryan and i to join you? perhaps this occasion is worthy of a crumbling chocolate cake in all it's deliciousness.

Christie said...

LOL Those shorts are too funny. It is fun to see the picture of then and now. You should take a snap at outback tonight. just for records sake. I have no idea what day was our first date.

Becky said...

No, I don't remember Brad playing the piano--it didn't end up being a very memorable night for me! Except I think I got a bunch of bruises from roller skating. Wait--did we go roller skating? See, I don't remember very clearly!

SJacobus said...

I can't seem to get the video to work, but very fun read anyway:)

Breton Friel said...

We still called it the Wilk just a year ago.