Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ethan's St. Patricks Day hat

Ethan and Elise need to leave for school around 8:40. Around 8:30 when I saw that Ethan had neglected to put on a green shirt for St. Patricks day I informed him that it was St. Patricks and that he needed to wear a green shirt to school today. Ethan excitedly ran up the stairs and quickly slipped into a green shirt and started cutting up paper into strips on the kitchen table. I was trying to get the kids' lunch bags and get them squared away with all their necessities for school and repeatedly asked Ethan to stop what he was doing and get ready for school. "Just a minute, just a minute!" Ethan replied as he busily smeared glue stick all over his strips of paper. "Come on Ethan, it's getting late now, you have to get going... Where are your shoes? and what are you doing?" "I'm making a St. Patricks day hat" he explains, then solicites Elise's help to put the top on his hat while he finds his shoes, as I found some tape to stick the top of the hat on. It was very important to him that he have his St. Patricks hat ready to wear to school. He was very proud of it. So, I now present to you my son's "St. Patricks Day Hat"

Doesn't it scream St. Patricks Day to you?
I asked him what the kids at school thought about his cool hat and he told me, "They just all thought it looked like a chef's hat."
Ethan, you're one cool cat.

4 comments:

brittany said...

i love that he made a hat. that is hilarious. it is one good looking hat i must say. i can't tell from the picture, does it have any green on it?

Becky said...

School starts here at 8:00, so no time for hat making in the morning at our house! I'm still not a morning person, but Julia has had ZERO tardies so far this year!

Christie said...

That hat is too cool. I actually thought it looked more turbin like then anything. :-)

SJacobus said...

I like your hat Ethan!